Saturday, April 14, 2012

In Memory Of...

Hi! In a previous post I asked that you would come alongside a sweet friend of mine, Crystal Keller and her husband Dennis. At the time they were expecting what they thought was a sweet baby girl. There was also a lot of uncertainty that was accompanying her pregnancy and the baby's survival. Crystal went into labor early though and a month ago today, on March 14, 2012, Kelsey Nolan Keller made his early arrival and surprised them by not only being early but by being a sweet baby boy! Kelsey was only with Crystal and Dennis for a few precious minutes before he passed away. These minutes though are probably some of the most cherished and sweet moments that Crystal and Dennis will ever experience.
I debated on whether or not to post an update earlier but I decided to wait for various reasons...I also didn't want to take away from Crystal's story and heartfelt words...her blog is
nomatterwhat-ck.blogspot.com...please check it out to hear from her heart and to see pictures...
I want to say that anything shared in this post is from my heart and are my words and not anything Crystal has said.
I have had on my heart though to share this post as a reminder of Kelsey's life and in memory of him. I think that although it is not intentional, it is so easy for others to forget or to move past something like this...yet mama feels broken, stuck in the heartache and longing for her sweet baby's life. I just want to lift up the Keller family and to remind myself, others, and them that this sweet life is not forgotten and it is to be celebrated. It's a celebration of life that a month ago he blessed this world and the Kellers with his sweet presence. It doesn't need to be forgotten that Crystal carried this sweet life in her womb as he grew. It also doesn't need to be forgotten that it was a month ago that the Kellers got to cherish and yet grieve as this sweet baby made his arrival and then his precious life faded away.
I can only imagine the joy in seeing Kelsey and holding him, kissing him, smelling him, watching him breathing, hearing his heartbeat, and sharing all that love with him and yet having to let him go. I watched as Crystal and Dennis honored Kelsey's life with a sweet memorial graveside service...on a beautiful and sunny morning...in a peaceful and quiet country cemetery. I have also seen Crystal trying by faith, by trust, by hope to believe in God's promises and God's truth even though she is broken and her heart aches and longs to hold, to love, to see sweet Kelsey again...a month from delivery, on her due date, on Mother's day, on every day in between she longs, she aches for sweet Kelsey.
And although so many questions and so many...what seem to be unanswered prayers...surround the Kellers and surround this situation, it doesn't need to overshadow the fact that sweet Kelsey was here and his life is to be remembered. It is in memory of Kelsey that I say that he was so precious...chubby cheeks, head full of hair, and just had an angelic face. I know that he has no more weakness, no more hurt, no more sadness now. Although this makes no sense to us, he is with the angels and he is being held by God's loving hands...they sing over him, they hold him, they love him...until he meets him mama and daddy again...
Kelsey...just as I prayed this over Selah while she grew in my womb and just as we read it daily now, I pray this over you sweet boy and over your precious life. You were "knit" together just as God designed you to be and your sweet life, although to short, was ordained by God...who is holding you now...
Psalm 139:13-16
"For thou has possessed my reins, thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works and my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee when I was made in secret and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance and yet being unperfect and in thy book, all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them..."

I ask that you continue to lift up the Keller family. I cannot thank you for your support and prayers...they mean so much more than you'll ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment