Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hi,
Selah's surgery went well. She has been recovering since then. They are still trying keep her resting but have decreased her pain meds. They removed her IV today and they are slowly increasing her milk intake through her G tube. She has been tolerating the feeds so far and we're thankful. She has some chest congestion but her oxygen and respiration stats were better today. She has been pretty agitated the past few days but we're hoping she calms down as time goes by...she seemed to be more calm today. We are so thankful the surgery went well and we are just continuing to pray for healing and health over her. When they had to restart her IV before surgery, they had to start in her scalp. They tried several times before success and have had to change IV sites a few times. Well, each time they did this they shaved patches of her hair off. Needless to say, her pretty hair is gapped up!!! I let the nurses know I was not a fan :) and they kindly referred to her first haircut as "NICU haircut...where they leave their mark."
So, its been an exciting few days. We wanted to give you a quick update. I'm trying to type this from my Blackberry..more challenging than I thought. We will fill you in again soon. Thank you for your prayers! Love ya

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad her surgery went well. I hate that her beautiful hair is messed up, but I'm so glad she's doing well. Thank you so much for keeping us updated as much as you can. I know you are so busy and so tired each day. I just keep praying for you and Spencer to have strength, courage, and rest to get through each of these hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the surgery is done and over with! And I'm so happy to hear that it went okay. Is Spencer able to stay with you this whole time? Have they given him a lot of time off? Saying prayers for your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete